Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Friday!!!

Happy Friday, friends. Don't know about you, but the only thing that got me out of bed today was the fact that I get to sleep in tomorrow and Sunday.  Woke up a little chilled (I had left the window open in my bedroom) and had to wear long sleeves on my morning walk. Definitely prefer this weather to the hot, humid weather we had this summer.

So what are you doing this weekend? Myself, yard work tomorrow. Then I have to work on the pair of Flip-Furs for my giveaway winner, Paige.

So, I wrote how I was experimenting with different insides for my Flip-Furs and had found a solution. Well, I found a wholesaler and once my shipment arrives, I will be working on tearing apart all of my finished pairs and redoing them with the new soles. Now, I just have to find a spot for all these flip-flops. :)

That being said, there will be a number of changes to the shop, including how I size everything. And since I don't have to use the plastic canvas anymore, I will be looking for fun and fresh ways to use it. Suggestions are always welcome.

Christmas only a few months away. I will also be working on my own stocking in between orders. I am cross-stitching a stocking and we will see if I can sew it together myself, or if I will need my mom to sew it. Have you ever seen me try to sew on a button? Not a pretty picture. But, surprisingly, I can cross-stitch and I was able to sew together wrist and ankle bands for my son's hip-hop costume last year. Go figure.

Watched my beloved Packers lose last night during the preseason game. Not worried yet - Rodgers was only out for a couple possessions. Very interested to see how things work without Ryan Grant. And we have a new back-up QBs in the mix - BJ Coleman and Graham Harrell. Good luck to Matt Flynn with the Seahawks.  We lost. We had a few bad moments. All in all, though, nothing is set in stone until the 1st game.

Congrats to Shannon Eastin in making history last night by being the first female NFL official. She was right in there, throwing and making calls. She did a great job. Let's hope, though, that the labor dispute with the regular officials gets resolved before the season opener.

Tonight I will be watching the Vikings play.  And working on stuff. Getting ready for the boy to come home. I miss him something fierce whenever he is gone. Next week I will be signing him up for dance. Life is good. Only dancing 3 nights this year.

Well, that's all for me, friends. I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend.

Always,
Hoping for Sales

1 comment: