Thursday, January 24, 2013

I am never more happy than when I'm creating. I love the feel of yarns through my fingers. The smooth metal of a crochet hook or knitting needle. I love new patterns. Every night I'm not working on creating, I feel like I'm wasting time. This is my work ethic. The same as during my day job. If I'm not working, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm being lazy. I need to have work.

I realize that in having an online shop, I need to continuously working on my tags and descriptions in order to keep them fresh and new. But every time I'm working on my shop, I'm not creating something new and beautiful for the world to see. Okay, maybe they are only beautiful to me, but I am proud of every one of my creations. Yes, most are patterns that I've downloaded. I'm not really a pattern writer. Just yet. Soon. I hope.

Just like in my work life, I need a clone. One of me will be creating. The other will be working on the shop or the blog or the social media networks.  I know I need to get better with the tagging and keywords. It takes time and patience, neither of which I have. I admit this.

This weekend, I hope to list my new ruffle scarves and crochet hats. I have more ideas than time to make them.

Keep creating, whatever medium you use.

Always,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment