Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope your holidays were wonderful and blessed with memories shared by friends and families. Last night I spent the evening with my two girlfriends and their kids. I made my mom's special pork chops and spaetzle, a wonderful German noodle that is messy to make and clean up, but totally worth it.

I love cooking for people who appreciate it. My brothers don't appreciate my cooking because, let's face it, they are much better cooks than I am. I never claim to be a great chef. In fact, I often say I don't cook, to which my girlfriends lovingly say I'm one of the best cooks they've known. And then tell me to shut up. I have a handful of recipes that I can make well.

I finished almost all of my Christmas presents. I have 1 scarf left to finish. I learned how to knit! I'm making a Dr. Who inspired scarf. Of course, I forgot to take pictures of all the gifts I made this year. Hopefully I will get appreciation pictures that I will post.

So, with the new year, there has to be resolutions. So, here is my list:

1. I will not start new projects until I have finished the ones I have already started. Unless, of course, I get an order.
2.  I will blog at least every other day.  I will try for every day, but seeing as how I usually have working lunches at work now, I'll have to wait until I get home.
3. Every 10 pounds I lose, I will buy a new pattern. Or a new book. Of course, that means I will only be able to buy 9 books or patterns. Yes, I'm trying to lose 90 pounds. With that, I will be going on a diet and trying to exercise every day. I will set smaller goals, of course. Working out every day for a week will earn a new reward (possibly 2). Maybe a new skein of yarn.
4. I'm going to work on the website. New features will include shipping options. I'm also expanding to http://handmadeartists.com, so I will have 4 websites you can buy from.

I think that's good enough for now. I will be hacking my Nook Color to make it into a tablet so I can put all my crochet patterns and recipes in 1 spot. No more carrying around books and pencils.

Well, that's all I have tonight. Need to get back to my knitting. Back to the schedule tomorrow.

Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment