Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ideas, Ideas!!!!

Happy Hump Day, friends! So, I had a wonderfully beautiful idea today at work. I have an old wedding dress. Well, not old, only 10 years old. But, by wedding dress standards, it is old. It is too old to sell to a consignment store. It isn't vintage yet, but it is taking up space in my overcrowded apartment and before that, it was taking up valuable real estate in my storage space. It has to go. But what to do with it?

Well, I'm going to cut it up. I don't need it anymore. Never going to wear it. I don't have a daughter by my ex to give it to. So, I'm going to give it to my mom to cut up into handkerchief size and sew up the edges for me.. Well, the skirt anyways. The skirt is a beautiful satin-type material. Then, I will crochet some beautiful lace edgings and sew them on. Then I'm going to add a few rhinestones. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I've been told I have a gift with lace. Maybe. Don't know. I just follow a pattern. But I love making it. And I was thinking yesterday - what about making a full lace handkerchief with a little rhinestoning? Found some articles on Irish lace, and I'm intrigued. Might need to learn how to do that.

Of course with winter months coming, I'm going to try to make some more shawls, some scarves and fingerless gloves. Maybe some hats. Who knows?

I have project ideas coming out of my head! Seriously, I need to find myself a rich husband who is okay with me not working so I can spend all day crocheting and crafting. And of course, this doesn't begin to cover the ideas I have for rhinestoning. Some of the stuff I've seen out there - just gaudy. I want to bring class and elegance back to rhinestoning.  Give a little girl (or a big girl) a bit of sparkle to brighten up her day. A tshirt for a dance mom (or skating mom) to support her dancer. Sparkly shoes for a high schooler going to prom.

Life is going to get very interesting.

I hope to have some new items to show you all soon. Still working on fixing all the Flip-Furs I have made. Boy, I have a lot. Maybe I can get some of them sold at the craft fair. But, I tell you, I'm not happy with how some of them look with the new flip-flop sole inside. If those ones don't sell, I'm taking them apart and re-doing them with a double strand of yarn. That way the flip-flop doesn't show through the yarn. Oh well. It's all a learning experience, right?

So, I'm very pleased with the new fall lineup on TV. Haven't watched all the new shows I want to yet (I'm only up to Thursday). Dancing with the Stars is going to be wonderful. I'm excited about Glee. Very pleasantly surprised by 666 Park Ave. And I'm not going to get the chance to catch up much this weekend. Making no sew blankets with the booster club on Saturday and yard work and football on Sunday with Mom.

On another plus side - I will come home to clean carpets tonight! I imagine the entire apartment will smell wonderful.

Well, have to get back to work. Have a great rest of the week.

Always,



 



I had to.....I love that picture. Proud of myself for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment