Friday, February 6, 2015

Favorite Designer: The Crafty Geekette

I am always looking for great designers. Some of my favorites very quickly become a staple in my shop.



Take my Keyhole Scarves – The pattern comes from a very talented designer by the name of Jacqualyn Walker, owner of The Crafty Geekette. Her crochet designs are fun and different. The Whimsey Keyhole Scarf is a great scarf because it works up very easy and it is a convenient design. The scarf is designed with a hole in one end, so the other end slip through, creating a scarf that stays in place. Perfect for kids and adults, it is small enough to fit in a coat pocket or a purse. To say I love this scarf design is an understatement. I’ve created variations where I alternate colors, and these scarves always sell out quickly.



Recently, Jacqualyn designed a cowl with the same design and I was lucky enough to test it for her. I made a cowl for my son and he loves it! He wears it every day in this chilly Minnesota weather and it is wide enough to cover his face. It is a cowl that can be made long or short.
































Jacqualyn also has a hat, headband and boot cuff patterns using her Whimsey pattern.



The Crafty Geekette store can be seen at Ravelry.com (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/the-crafty-geekettes-ravelry-store) or her webpage http://thecraftygeekette.com

And of course, stop by her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/thecraftygeekette  

No comments:

Post a Comment