Monday, June 10, 2013

Featured Crafter - Megan Barkley-Colwell and The Nautical Owl

So, I'm bringing back my Featured Crafter post. My first featured crafter is Megan.  I just had a couple questions for her.



1. How did you get started? Back in December 2011, I wanted to make some fun gifts for my family and friends. A wood burning kit was on sale at my local craft store along with some unfinished wood items. I started with a couple jewelry boxes and storage, and it took off from there. I was hooked on pyrography!

2. What is your favorite thing to make? Right now I'm really enjoying burning jewelry. It allows me to combine my two favorite hobbies - art and fashion.


3. How often do you just play around and create something new just for the experience? More often than not. A lot of times my ideas come from dreams, or hopes. I'll spend an day sketching and researching online. Then I jump right in and start sketching on the wood. Some things work out...others don't. Ah, the trial and error of crafting!

4. Do you take custom orders? Of course! I'm always open to new ideas! I love creating treasures for others to love for a lifetime and the fact that they're custom makes it much more special.

5. How can people contact you? (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, email, blog) Contact me anytime PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/TheNauticalOwl/boards
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/NauticalOwl
TWITTER: @TheNauticalOwl
EMAIL: thenauticalowl@yahoo.com
**************************

Megan has such gorgeous pieces. Stop by her Etsy shop to look at all her pieces and show her some love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment