Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Today is the last day of the old year. Tomorrow is the day for fresh starts and resolutions. Have you made yours?

Typically, people do not keep their resolutions for more than a week after the New Year. While the resolution is good intentioned, sometimes it is too difficult a task. After all, people can't change overnight.

One of my main resolutions is not to buy yarn unless it is needed for a project I am working on that moment. For example - last night I realized I would not have enough yarn to finish my brother's Christmas present. So, today was a practice run in my resolution. Could I stay the course and only buy what I needed? Regardless of sales or coupons, I was able to only buy the one skein I needed. Success!

Now, I am a complete yarnaholic - I have so much yarn. I wouldn't say too much yarn because you can never have too much yarn. But I have a lot and a little apartment. I also have a lot of patterns. Once again, not too many, but it may be safe to say that I will not make them all in my lifetime. And I'm not even 40. That's saying something.

So, like any addict, I have to take it one day at a time. Resist temptation whenever possible. And when I do slip up, don't give up.

That's the important thing to remember with any type of resolution - don't give up. If you slip up, get right back on the horse and keep going with your resolution. Pick up right where you left off and keep moving forward one day at a time.

Best of luck to you and Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment