Monday, February 2, 2015

Superbowl!!

After a long hiatus, I decided I wanted to give blogging another try. There are so many things to talk about! It has been almost a full year since I last posted. For all those still around – Thank you!

Last night was the Superbowl. I’m not sure how many of you watched the game, but it was a good game. Despite the fact that my beloved Packers did not make it in. It wasn't a blow out – actually a nail biter at the end. It looked as though the Seahawks (or the SeaChickens as I call them at my house) would score a walk off touchdown and win. Alas, this wasn't the case and a rookie intercepted the pass in the endzone. A Rookie! As my brother would say – Give that rookie a chocolate chip cookie!  We will forgive him the rookie mistake of trying to come out of the endzone. If he had been tackled in the endzone after the interception, it would have been considered a touchback and the Pats would have started on the 20 yard line instead of the 1.

And then there was the fight, with the instigating player being ejected with 18 seconds left in the game.  Seriously – you are going to fight during the Superbowl with all those people watching? How dumb can you be? All in all – a good back and forth game. I was very pleased.

I’ve noticed that there are 2 kinds of fans who watch the Big Game when their team isn’t playing. They are either the vengeful sort – rooting for the opposite team of the one who knocked our team out of the playoffs. This was me. I will never, ever root for the SeaChickens. If the Lions or the Bears were to have made it into the Superbowl, I would have rooted for them, being from our conference, if they were deserving of it – ie The team worked their butts off to make it there. This year, that team was not Seattle. How does a quarterback make it to the Superbowl when at one point in the NFC championship game had a 0.00 quarterback rating? Against the league MVP???? They didn’t deserve that spot. The Packers lost the game – the Seahawks didn’t win it. The Packers gave it up.

The second type of fan is the one who roots for the team representing their division. There are diehard NFCers out there and diehard AFCers out there. Normally, I do root for the team who knocks either the Vikes or the Packers out of the playoffs – just because they deserve it.  This year – I was the vengeful fan and rooted for the lesser of two evils. Way to go Pats.

Thus ends a very good football season. I made a lot of things during the various games. Tried new patterns, new yarn and new techniques. Now all the teams are in first place – probably the only time all next season when a particular team’s fans can say that. *coughVikescough*

Actually, I can’t be too hard on the Vikes. Yes, I do root for them when they don’t play my Packers because, after all, I am in Minnesota country and that’s all anyone ever talks about. And they have a great coach in Mike Zimmer. Norv and Scott Turner are a great 1-2 punch when it comes to coaching the offense. Teddy Bridgewater won a Rookie of the Year distinction and seems to be coming along very nicely. Yes, they have their flaws. Peterson being out for the year didn’t help. You have guards and tackles jumping offsides. That needs to stop. It’s precision and discipline. Go back to the fundamentals and work on them in the off season. And for Pete’s sake – get Audie Cole off the practice squad! He has proved time and time again how he can be a playmaker and spell Greenway.

Okay – there’s my football post until next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment